Christmas In Comanche
‘Tis the season in Comanche County! Featuring holiday-themed events all month long, Comanche County is the perfect place to shop, experience and enjoy the Christmas spirit.
Tis the Season..
Christmas is more than just a season it’s a feeling…There’s a chill in the air, the scent of smoldering firewood fills the air, and delicious aromas are everywhere. Local businesses spread holiday cheer all while a small town comes together during the busiest time of the year. In Comanche, Texas, we believe that Christmas is more than just a season: it’s a feeling… a feeling that is capable of filling the soul with tremendous warmth even on the frostiest of nights.
2023 Explore Comanche Christmas Events
8TH, 9TH & 10TH
December 8th, City Wide Tree Decorating
- Community Tree Decorating and lighting under the Fleming Oak Tree on the Historic Comanche County Courthouse Square
- 5 pm – 7 pm
- Bring an ornament to hang on the Community Tree. The ornament can be homemade or store-bought.
- The Grinch and Max will be available for pictures
- Western Hills Nursing Home & Healthcare will be providing cookies and hot cocoa
December 9th, Santa Comes to Town
- Photos with Santa from 3 to 5:30 in the Texas Rural Living Building
- Photos available for purchase- printed onsite
- Santa 5K Scuttle
- Lighted Christmas Parade Theme: Simply Christmas
- 6 p.m. downtown Comanche
December 10th, Tour of Homes
- Tour of Homes: An opportunity to explore some of the best Christmas-themed houses in Comanche! Purchase your tickets by calling the Chamber at 325-356-3233
- 1-4 p.m.
OTHER CHRISTMAS EVENTS
Explore Comanche Ice Skating Rink
A synthetic ice rink for our community and visitors to enjoy for free! Ice skates will be provided for all skaters. Our mission is to create a unique and unforgettable skating experience for families and friends on winter weekends in Comanche, TX.
Open on Fridays, December 8, 15, 22, 29, & January 5 from 5 pm to 9 pm.
Open on Saturdays, December 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, & January 6 from 1 pm to 9 pm.
Open on Sundays, December 3, 10, 17, & January 7 from 1 pm to 5 pm.
The Ice Rink is run on donations. Anyone wishing to contribute to this year’s Christmas Skates can send a check to The Comanche Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 65, Comanche, TX 76442, or contact their office at 325-356-3233.
Christmas Open House
Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Comanche County Museum
Snack and Delicious Desserts
Pictures with Santa
Saturday, December 9th at 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
inside Texas Rural Living on the Square
Christmas Lighted Parade
Saturday, December 9th at 6 p.m.
Historic Comanche Square
Call 325-356-3233 if you want to enter the parade.
Get In Touch
304 S. Austin Street
Comanche, Texas 76442
P.O. Box 65
Comanche, Texas 76442
9am – 5pm